Monday, November 23, 2009

Tweet, tweet... tweet, tweet

Oh, Twitter. Many people have a Twitter account (more than five million, according to twitdir.com). I've had one since September, but before today, I had only used it four times. I assumed it was like updating my Facebook status, so I rarely used it because I'm on Facebook a lot.

However, thanks to Melanie Lee Lockhart, Red River College public relations teacher and freelance communications specialist, my pr class has learned that Twitter is a lot more than informing your friends on what you're eating for dinner, or what movie you just watched, or whether you're on Team Jacob or Team Edward. lol.

It's a great way to share information with your friends, or strangers, or to learn something new about anything really. I, for example, follow Melanie because she often has links to great information about public relations, and because she's my teacher. :p

I recently added Leighton Meester because I'm a huge fan of Gossip Girl, and I think it's neat that I'll now be able to see what her thoughts are and what she's up to (K, I'm so not a stalker...)

Anyways, if you don't yet have a Twitter account, I recommend you sign up for one.

Tweet me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment