Prime Minister Stephen Harper joined Bollywood dancers on stage Monday in Mumbai on the set of the Indian reality show "Dance Premier League". Harper made his way onto the stage for the last dance segment to which he joined in by clapping along with traditional Bollywood dancers.
Upon seeing footage of Harper's visit to the Indian reality show, I can't help but reminisce about Harper's surprise performance at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa last month. Once the footage of him singing a Beatles' song and playing the piano hit mainstream media, there was a considerable amount of hype in the blogging and social media world. Many people expressed annoyance with Mr. Harper's strategic way of illustrating that he isn't the stiff person many people perceive him as.
His appearance on stage in Mumbai screams something I'd like to call, the anti-stiff strategy ha ha ha - I'm tired... I do, however, think it's a good thing that he's trying to loosen up and have some fun. It's unfortunate that it's rubbing people the wrong way, but I look forward to seeing what else our prime minister will do to soften his image.
Watch his appearance below:
Maybe now that he's gotten a little taste of showbiz he can't get it out of his system!
ReplyDeleteBoo...I wish he would have busted a move!
ReplyDelete