
The only reason I watched American Idol this year was because of Adam Lambert. This glam rocker had a voice that rocked my world. His vocals are truly sick.
His first album, "For Your Entertainment", hits stores tomorrow, but I have a feeling his performance tonight at the 2009 American Music Awards may change some people's minds about buying it. His performance was one of the most anticipated of the evening, and was even saved for last, but with the little clapping that occured once he had finished, you wouldn't have known it.
Lambert performed the first single, which shares the same name as the album, that more than anything had a weird, sexual cabaret-feel. Within the first 15 seconds of the song, he pulled one of his male dancer's heads into his crotch. His dancers were decked out in dominatrix wear and he continued to bump and grind all over them.
It was so hard to concentrate on what mattered the most - his new single - when he was acting so sexual and way too campy throughout. He even stuck his tongue down the throat of a (male?) keyboard player.
I am so disappointed in his performance, and even the new single. He didn't stick to the rock that he showed us week after week on Idol. I shook my head in disapproval and my jaw even dropped a few times (obviously during the head to crotch and tongue-down-the-throat moments.)
So, my questions is, what on earth were his management and PR teams thinking? Are they nuts? Perhaps once Lambert gained a following could he move forward with some outrageous performances, but I really do think he just screwed himself over. That was such a turnoff.
What did you think of his performance? Do you think it was a stupid move? If he wanted to go mainstream, I really do think it was a bad move.
No comments:
Post a Comment