However, this new McDonald's commercial from France just genuinely made me feel good. Their ad execs created something big: sending a message to their customers to "come as you are".
I can't personally relate to the issue of having to come out to a parent, but I can empathize, as this would be an extremely difficult thing to do. There are so many young adults in this world who are afraid to admit to their loved ones who they really are - gay, bisexual, transgendered, whatever.
McDonald's France is sending out the message that they are accepting of individuals no matter what their sexual orientation. Some people may think this is too profound a message for a fast-food chain, but I disagree - it's creating good PR.
A good humane message will help to expand their brand to a larger audience, which will in the end affect their bottom line (i.e. sell more food and drink!)
What do you think?
Incredible. I applaud them for doing this and I challenge them to have this aired in North America.
ReplyDelete