Thursday, October 15, 2009

Speaking of employee communications…

During my trip to Grand Forks this weekend, I noticed this “Reserved for Super Star of the Month” sign located in the Kohl’s parking lot.


I asked a sales associate what these spots were used for, and she said that each month, all of the store’s associates vote for two associates of the month. These two “employees of the month” get to park in the stalls next to those reserved for the handicapped (i.e. very close to the storefront entrance.)






2 comments:

  1. I love it! I remember hearing about a company that had a luxury office on the executive floor reserved for the employee of the month - no matter what their role was in the company, they moved in there for the month. Very cool - though I wouldn't be surprised if they got to missing their colleagues after a few days and wanted to move back out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what this says about me, but if I saw a sign like that as a customer I'd just as soon park there as anywhere else.

    It's a good concept and probably boosts moral and healthy competition, but people who aren't in the know wouldn't know what those stalls are for.

    Did you end up parking in them? ;)
    Steph

    ReplyDelete