The past couple of weeks while I've sat at my desk thinking about the true meaning of life (okay, and surfing some gossip and news websites at the same time), I have continuously come across a headline featuring one of the Kardashian girls. What I'd like to know is, what have these women done in their lives to deserve so much attention? I mean, seriously. So what if their mother remarried Olympic decathlete Bruce Jenner, and bravo for their father, Robert Kardashian, for defending OJ Simpson during his murder trial in the mid-1990s. So what?
Khloe Kardashian, 25, the youngest sister of Kim and Kourtney, married L.A Laker Lamar Odom this weekend. OK! Magazine reportedly paid $270, 000 for the couple's wedding photos. What brought on a few chuckles was the cover of the magazine with a photo taken at Kardashian and Odom's wedding. If you take a look at it, it's not difficult to notice that Odom is not sharing the centre of attention with his bride - as one would assume in a situation like this. Instead, its focus is on all three sisters with Odom in the background. This cover screams "look at me! Look at me!" - and I'm annoyed - if you haven't yet noticed.
I'm just asking, why should we care about these three women when in reality, they haven't done anything to improve society, nor have they contributed any sort of talent to the entertainment industry. However, some people obviously do care about these ladies because their reality series, Keeping Up with the Kardashians is in its third season. I can guarantee you though that I will never waste my time watching useless people doing useless things when there are so many more important things in life to accomplish.
No comments:
Post a Comment