Thursday, September 10, 2009

I officially welcome myself to the mysterious world of blogging...

Today, Tuesday, September 8, 2009, is the day I'm doing something different. I'm creating a blog. I'm not going to lie to anyone, especially to myself, so I'll admit I'm a little nervous, albeit kind of excited.


Besides Perez Hilton's blog, I've never visited nor have ever read a person's or an organization's blog. I assumed they were sites on the Internet where people could rant about issues that interested them or made them upset, and to which these people had barely any credit to do so.


However, during this past September long weekend when I wasn't soaking up our much-anticipated sunshine at Winnipeg Beach, I perused some blogs. A few belonging to Creative Communications' instructors, some belonging to celebrities, and others to people I just didn't know.


It was while I read these blogs that I began to understand that I would need to blog about something I know. This is true for most writing - it's easier writing about something you know and about something that interests you.


I have therefore decided to blog about what I am passionate about: entertainment. Some people may think I should have a more important interest in life, and that I may be shallow in caring about the film, television, music and fashion industries, and the celebrities that work in them. However, I've always been interested in entertainment and it was this that lead me to study communications and major in public relations.


Since I was a young girl, I've read each People magazine my mom brought home from the grocery store. This is where I first began learning about the fascinating and glamorous world of those in the entertainment biz. My mom, dad, sister and I have also always shared a love of film. I have probably watched The Parent Trap over 100 times and will never grow tired of it; and, The Sound of Music comes in at a close second on my list of favorite films.


It will be in this blog that I comment on and analyze the people and issues that encompass today's entertainment industry. Even though I'm a 23-year-old woman living in the Canadian prairies, it doesn't mean I'm out of touch with the never-boring, always interesting entertainment industry.

2 comments:

  1. Good name! Oh and I have also watched Parent Trap like 100 times, and it's still entertaining every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this comment until now! Weird... are you referring to the original Parent Trap? Not many people have seen it! I can't believe my VHS still works! lol

    ReplyDelete