Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Got $2.2 million??

... If yes, then you could be the owner of Schindler's list, and I don't mean the Oscar-winning Steven Spielberg film, but the actual 14-page list of 801 names Oskar Schindler used to save Jewish people during the Holocaust.

The original draft was produced by Schindler and used to employ over 1000 Jewish people in his factory in Poland. It's being sold by its anonymous owner for $2.2 million. If you're interested and can afford this rare WWII document - which I'm sure many of my beautiful blog readers are capable of purchasing - then check out MomentsInTime.com. This site is owned by Gary Zimet, a New York memorabilia dealer, who has been asked to sell the document for the owner.

Three copies of the list are already owned by museums, but hopefully another museum will purchase it so that many people have the opportunity to see such a truly priceless artifact.

1 comment:

  1. You said it when you used the word "priceless" -- not that I have that kind of money, but I'm kind of shocked it's only listed at $2.2 million.

    ReplyDelete